Wednesday 31 July 2013

Another Day, Another Floral Manicure

It's been 2 weeks since my last DIY Floral manicure post, but I just can't get enough of the flower power inspired nails. As I'm writing this the weather outside is currently 50 shades of grey (maybe bit of an exaggeration, but 5 shades of grey doesn't sound right does it?) and it's started to rain - it finally feels like I'm back in Britain. 

I was shopping yesterday and saw this cushion out of the corner of my eye -
 

 I managed to resist buying it but I did feel inspired to do a nail art from the pattern (when I said I get inspired by anything and everything, I meant it). 
I removed any left over nail polish on my nails already and applied a clear base coat to protect the nails.

I used two coats of Natural Collection's White polish to act as the base colour.
I used two shades of blue - mixing Barry M's Guava and Collection 2000's Electric Dreams - and made two really rough flower shapes on each nail (the more abstract the better in my opinion).
I used three shades of green for the stems - Revlon's Mint Green and Marks and Spencer's Jade and Emerald - the medium shade as the main stem colour, the darker one to give it dimension and the pale green for the leaf. I also applied 3 or 4 black dots to each flower using a Rimmel polish.
This is my palette of colours I used - I find it easiest to paint a blob of each colour onto a blank piece of paper and dot the nail art tools into the colour this way.
And finito.
I also applied a clear top coat to give it some shine and protection.

I hope this has inspired you in some way or form to go and do something pretty with your nails.
If you recreate this look, please send me a tweet @kcallen_xo - I'd love to see them!

Kate xo


No comments:

Post a Comment